Cal Poly Marketing Career Conference
2017 Marketing Career Conference
The annual Marketing Career Conference is an intimate gathering of Cal Poly’s brightest and most ambitious marketing students and top companies. Hosted by AMA and Cal Poly’s marketing department, the MCC takes place this year on February 17, 2017 from 9 AM to 2 PM. Focusing on connecting students with greater learning opportunities, the MCC includes panel discussions on the ever-changing marketing field, a Pitch Competition displaying Cal Poly’s “Learn by Doing” motto, a brand new Creative Showcase to incorporate the Integrated Marketing Communications minor, and a networking session connecting national and local companies with aspiring marketers.
Register on EventBrite to receive a printed name tag at the event!
Also, say you’re “Going” on Facebook and invite friends.
MCC 2017 Platinum Sponsor
8:30 to 9:00 AM AMA exclusive networking session (PAC Lobby)
9:00 to 10:10 AM Pitch Competition & Awards, Creative Showcase Awards (Pavilion)
10:10 to 10:45 AM Keynote Speakers (Pavillion)
11:00 to 11:30 AM Career Panels:
- Color More – Finding your Interests (Gallery)
- Color Bigger – Expanding your Skills (Pavillion)
- Color Brighter – Standing out in the Crowd (Balcony)
11:45 to 2:00 PM Networking Session (PAC Lobby)
2:00 PM End of the Event
Career Specific Panels
MCC also features panels of executives from participating companies to field questions and provide students with insight relating to careers. Panel members will highlight careers and how to actively manage career progression at their companies, as well as the importance of personal branding.
The three panels are:
- Color More (Finding Your Interests) – How can students take the steps to understand these subtle differences and narrow in on the areas of the industry that they would fit best in?
- Color Bigger (Expanding Your Skills) – As students start to prepare themselves for entry into the field, in what ways can they expand their skill sets to be best prepared for a long career in the marketing industry?
- Color Brighter (Standing Out in the Crowd) – How can students celebrate their unique qualities and experiences to stand out from the crowd and create an unforgettable personal brand?
We are pleased to provide an elegant venue for our participating companies in one of the premier buildings on the Cal Poly campus, the San Luis Obispo Performing Arts Center. With sweeping views and convenient parking and facilities, the Performing Arts Center makes an ideal location for an exclusive event such as the MCC. Each company will be provided with a table, chairs, and refreshments throughout the event.
Pitch Style Event
Imagine selling potential employers on your capabilities, with only 4 minutes to spark their interest. The 3rd Annual Marketing Career Conference Pitch Competition is designed to provide this type of exposure by giving Cal Poly Marketing students a chance to present their projects in a pitch-style competition.
Introducing the 1st annual Creative Showcase Competition which allows students demonstrate the skills learned through the Integrated Marketing Communications Minor and present creative marketing work. Students can submit design work to the following categories – Logos, Marketing Collateral & Websites – to be judged by industry professionals. This allows students to impress companies with his or her skills in design and showcase the immediate value he or she brings to hiring companies.
2017 Marketing Career Conference Companies
- Marketing Evolution
- Sales Boot Camp
- Bhava Communications
- Insight Global
- Running Warehouse
- The Around Campus Group
- Sam Jeffers Childhood Cancer Foundation
- E&J Gallons