Become a Member!
We’re so excited that you’re interested in joining Cal Poly’s #1 Club of the Year. Whether you’re a business major or not, Cal Poly AMA provides the unique opportunity to make a lasting impact on any students career path. To join, follow these three easy steps!
- Please print and fill out both pages of the application.
- Bring your completed application and payment to our weekly Tuesday meeting or to the Marketing Office (03-404). Include a check or cash to Cal Poly AMA, or Venmo @CPAMA.
- Receive your Cal Poly AMA Welcome Packet, AMA shirt, and Official Membership Card.
Questions? Email our VP of Membership & Recruitment at [email protected]
Why Should I Join AMA?
01 | AMAzing Networking Opportunities
Cal Poly AMA provides members with the opportunity to hear professionals in the marketing field share their experiences and career advice. This allows our members to ask questions, network with speakers, and learn more about what a career in a specific industry looks like.
02 | Leadership Opportunities
After joining AMA, members have the opportunity to utilize and grow leadership skills. Whether it is by joining one of our committees, becoming a part of our Marketing Mentors program, or jumping onto our executive board – there are a diverse amount of ways to build your leadership skills and add AMAzing experience to your resume.
03 | Career Opportunities
AMA is a great way to find a new job or internship! Employers specifically seek out Cal Poly AMA because of the talent and accomplishments of our members. A membership allows you to get exclusive emails and announcements about jobs and internship opportunities (many of which are paid!).
04 | NOLA Conference
Every year, Cal Poly AMA competes in the national AMA conference in New Orleans. This is a wonderful way to network with members all around the nation as well as professionals who are at the top of the industry.
05 | Member of Nationally Recognized Association
Yearlong membership to the National American Marketing Association.
- Receive Marketing News, a leading publication produced by AMA, which keeps you informed of new ideas and developments in marketing, including market research, new product development, marketing communications, direct marketing, distribution, and much more. Marketing News is sent digitally to all AMA Members once a month, plus special editions are sent 4 times a year.
- Access to the Member Resource Center on AMA’s National Website, which includes information, web casts, case studies, a career section and more, all relating to marketing
06 | Fun & Friends!
Getting involved in a club is one of the best ways to make your college experience count! Cal Poly AMA is the perfect choice as it is both a professional and social club. (Oh, and we were awarded Best Club of the Year in 2014 – 2015). Not only will you have the opportunity to grow yourself and your career, but you will also be able to meet and connect with other members! Whether it’s attending our weekly meetings or coming to our social events, you will definitely have an AMAzing time!
07 | Food!
At each of our weekly meetings and some of our workshops and social events, members enjoy some delicious food!